Lime Chili Cream Sauce
1 Cup Cashews
1 small Yellow Potato, peeled and diced
1 Lime, zested
1/2 of a Lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
1 Tablespoon Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
1 Tablespoon Yellow Miso
1/4 cup Plant Milk
2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
Sweet Potato Filling
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon Ground Oregano
1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
2 Tablespoons Smoke Paprika
1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Ground Oregano
1 pack Firm Tofu (approx. 16 oz.)
2 Tablespoons Grape seed Oil
2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt (to taste)
8 Corn Tortillas
1 Can refried beans
1 Tomato, Diced
1. Make the Cream Sauce: add Cashews and the Potato to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil until the Potatoes are soft but not overcooked.
2. Drain and place in a high-speed blender for best results. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. The sauce is good for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Make the Sweet Potato Filling: Peel and cut Sweet Potatoes into strips. In a large bowl, toss Oregano & Garlic then place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and roast until tender- about 20- 25 minutes. You should check them after 15 minutes to turn over.
5. Make the Tofu Filling: In a saute pan add Oil, Paprika, Garlic & Oregano. Allow the spices to roast until you can smell their aroma. Add the Tofu. Use a potato masher to break the tofu into a crumble. Add Maple Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar and salt to taste. Allow to cook until warmed thoroughly.
6. Heat up the beans and warm the tortillaís. Assemble tacos with your favorite toppings.
Recipe and Photo by Stefen Janke/Plant Punk Kitchen