Watch Episode 49 with Dr. Michael Greger here:
There are so many reasons people want to lose weight.
Whether they’re influenced by social media, or are driven to live a healthier lifestyle, people are becoming increasingly caught up in dieting trends.
Today’s guest is Dr. Michael Greger, the physician behind the popular site NutritionFacts.org and the author of the New York Times Bestseller, How Not To Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease.
Dr. Greger, Dotsie, and Alexandra dig into the science behind plant-based diets being the best option when trying to lose weight while keeping your mind and body healthy.
You’ll also get a peek into the contents of How Not to Die and the tools you can use to start making healthier choices today.
Listen to Episode 49 with Dr. Michael Greger here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- Dr. Greger’s objective when he wrote How Not to Die
- The positive effects microbiome-friendly diets have on your mind and body
- Why the low-carb diet has been around since the mid-19th century
- The most important food you should give up if you want to rebuild your gut microbiome: Is it dairy or processed meat?
- Dr. Greger discusses the critical differences between plant-based protein and animal-based protein
- Why you should have a TreadDesk, and how it prevents crippling your artery function caused by prolonged sitting
- Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen app, available in the Google Play Store and App Store, that allows you to track your food intake
- The 17 factors that need to be incorporated into your lifestyle for losing weight
- Some of the 21 tweaks that you can make when preparing your food at home to complement the Daily Dozen challenge
- Missy and the Purple Nails story (read it yourself at the beginning of chapter 9 in How Not to Die)
- Follow Dr. Michael Greger on Facebook at @NutritionFacts, on Twitter at @nutrition_facts, and on his website at Dr.Greger.org.
- To support our mission to educate, inspire, and embolden the world to lean into eating plants instead of baby cow growth food, donate today to spread the word.