Traditional medicine often prioritizes symptom-relief over addressing the underlying cause of illness.
But if we look beyond symptoms and approach our wellness holistically, can our bodies begin to provide their own relief?
Naturopathic medicine challenges the traditional standard by working on whole-patient wellness and concentrating on the treatment and prevention of disease by understanding systemic causes.
Dr. Christian Gonzalez is a naturopathic doctor who earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Rutgers University and his Medical Doctorate at the University of Bridgeport’s College of Naturopathic Medicine. He completed his residency at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America and is currently working at a holistic and integrative medicine center in California.
Dr. Gonzalez joins Alexandra and Dotsie to discuss how you can take control of your health and give your body favorable conditions to thrive.
You’ll hear how environmental toxins and stress are affecting your wellness, how naturopathic medicine helps cancer patients, and what you’re really consuming when you eat GMOs.
This episode will empower you to see the whole picture of your body’s well-being and help you take effective action to change the course of your health.
Listen to Episode 24 with Dr. Christian Gonzalez here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- How naturopathic and integrative medicine is different from traditional treatment methods
- Where the real work begins: What Dr. Gonzalez tells cancer patients being released from treatment, and why he views cancer as a means of protection for the body
- What you must be eating to give your liver some love, plus the benefits of detoxing and fasting
- Empower yourself after a cancer diagnosis: Questions you need to ask
- The dangers of glyphosate and how to lessen your exposure
- How the Environmental Working Group is empowering the public: The EWG’s Clean 15 and Dirty Dozen, Skin Deep Cosmetic Purity Ratings, and what to look for in the ingredients of what you put into or onto your body
- Detoxify your air with plants
- Life influences our genes: How trauma and stress are stored in our bodies, what you must do to take care of your emotional and mental health, and how can take action against cancer by eating well and exercising
- What it really means for food to be genetically modified, and how companies manipulate how we see GMOs
- Teaching compassion from day one: Why it’s important to foster our innate compassion to avoid the moral disconnection between our truth and our plates
- Follow Dr. Christian Gonzales on Instagram at @doctor.g_ and listen to the Heal Thy Self podcast on iTunes, YouTube, or Spotify.