Watch Episode 50 with Nil Zacharias here:
Considering how much information is at our fingertips every day, it seems as though more people should be aware of what really happens in animal agriculture.
Even with knowledge being more accessible than ever, people have to be proactive in educating themselves and researching outside of industry bias.
Today’s guest did just that, and transitioned to a plant-based diet after researching how his daily meat products were being manufactured.
Nil Zacharias is the co-founder of the popular site One Green Planet, co-author of Eat for the Planet, host of a podcast by the same name, and the founder of plant-based platforms Spire and 8020 Plants.
After learning the environmental effects of the animal agriculture industry, he made the switch and dedicated himself to helping others do the same.
He joins Dotsie and Alexandra in this episode to talk about his transition to a plant-based diet and why he left his law career to be an ambassador helping people on their own food journey.
Nil believes that many people have yet to make the transition due to errors in communication and understanding, and today he shares his secret to effectively connecting as an advocate.
Tune in to learn more about the environmental consequences of dairy and how you can be part of the solution.
Listen to Episode 53 with Nil Zacharias here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- The trigger that made Nil transition from a meat-eater to a plant-based diet lover
- His dairy industry discoveries that opened his eyes to the imposing environmental problems
- The humble beginnings of Eat For The Planet and how it has now become a movement
- How to effectively reach out to people by giving them a path
- Why Nil’s idea of success is not based on the amount of people giving up animal products, but by how many people are shifting to a plant-based diet
- How Spire and 8020Plants can help in a smooth transition for those wanting to switch to a plant-based diet
- Be one of the first to grab Nil’s Eat for the Planet Cookbook, coming January 2020
- Follow Nil Zacharias on Twitter at @nilzach and on Instagram at @zachariot. Follow Spire on Twitter at @spireconnection and 8020Plants on Twitter at @8020plants
- To support our mission to educate, inspire, and embolden the world to lean into eating plants instead of baby cow growth food, donate today to spread the word.