Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 55 mins
– 1- 15 oz. Can of Cooked Chickpeas, Drained & Rinsed
– 1/4 Cup of your favorite Buffalo Sauce + 1-2 Tablespoons Extra*
– 3 Tablespoons Vegan Mayo
– 2 Tablespoons Plain Vegan Yogurt
– 2 Tablespoons Raw Cashews, soaked for 30 mins or more
– 1 Tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
– 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
– 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
– 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
– 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
– Pinch of Dried Dill
– Pinch of Black Pepper
– Pinch of Salt to taste
– 2 1/2 Cup Dried Pasta + Water for Boiling
– 1 Cup nondairy cheddar cheese shreds (try So Delicious or Daiya)
– 3/4-1 Cup Nondairy Milk
– Salt to taste
– Optional: 1 Tablespoon Nondairy Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Toss the chickpeas in the 1/4 cup of Buffalo Sauce until they are evenly coated. Spread them out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake for 12 minutes, and carefully roll them around with a spoon to get the other side crispy.
3. Bake for another 12-15 minutes, then place them back in the bowl and toss with the extra 1-2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce. Set aside.
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. This may take a couple of times of pushing the ingredients around or adding another tablespoon of nondairy milk.
2. Pour into a cup or squirt bottle and set aside.
1. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain and rinse with cool water.
2. Place the noodles back in the pot and set the heat to low-medium. Add the nondairy cheese, nondairy milk, salt, and butter to the pot and stir until melted and evenly coated.
3. Add more nondairy milk if you’d like a creamier sauce.
1. When you’re ready to serve, toss the romaine (and optional celery) in with the mac ‘n’ cheese then plate immediately. Place roughly a 1/4 cup of chickpeas on top, then drizzle with a little extra buffalo sauce and a generous drizzling of the ranch sauce.
*You can also make your own buffalo sauce with this recipe.
**You can use store-bought vegan ranch, such as Follow Your Heart.
***Short on time? Use a store-bought box of Mac n’ Cheese. Try Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac or Daiya’s White Cheddar Style Veggie Deluxe Cheezy Mac
Reprinted from Vegan Bowl Attack by Jackie Sobon. Page 116.